Friday, December 10, 2010

Sickness and health

I’ve got a bugger of a cold now that semester’s over, as if my body decided that I finally had time and energy to devote to illness. M, on the other hand, has enough hCG coursing through her to stop the period of an elephant, apparently. We’re waiting for the blood work.

In order to distract myself from the moments when I stare out the window in panic thinking “I’m going to be someone’s dad! I can’t even sink a hook shot!” I have been coming up with nicknames for the maternal-foetal unit:
  • “M&M”: i.e. M + Embryo
  • “The Host”
  • “The Astromech”: after an old nerdy roleplaying game in which humans fight each other by driving enormous armed androids
  • “Wubbobubbin”: explanation neither warranted nor possible
  • “Masterblaster”: Who run Bartertown?
I’m getting a little impatient that I can’t tell anybody. That’s why the blog is a good outlet. We’ve got about an 85% chance of not miscarrying, so the chances of a baby with a late August 2011 birthday are pretty good. 2011! Someday some professor will be shocked to realize that her students were all born in the teens. Twenty eleven. Four centuries after the death of Simon Forman and the first performance of Winter’s Tale. Three centuries after the invention of the tuning fork. The kid's due in the same month Obama turns 50.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

from gasmeter:

"MasterBlaster". v.g.

1:09 AM, December 26, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home