Tuesday, May 02, 2006

As serious as...

My Mom had a heart attack last night. I was out buying congratulatory margaritas for my graduating senior seminar class, and when I got home there were four messages on my phone and two e-mails. She's in the hospital in Denver, but only because Dad happened to call her and catch her at a moment of infarction, so he convinced her (finally) to call 911, and she was in the hospital by the time she was critical. They've got a stint in her coronary and she's moving out of the ICU today. I talked to her this morning and she was very apologetic about troubling all of us with this and not being able to get as much done as she'd like. She'd been helping her sister pack and move, and was diligently scrubbing the carpets when it hit her.

I talked to Dad last night and he seemed his normal level-headed self. I'm sure he was anxious, but he sure wasn't as broken up as I was. Possibly because he'd had more time to work through it, possibly because he has Jesus instead of emotion. Kind of like the Vulcans had the teachings of Surak.

I'm going to finish up this finals week and try to get down to see her when she's at home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home