Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Adventure. Excitement. A Jedi craves not these things.

I was going to do an end-of-the-year reflection type post today, but it'll have to wait. The mood I am in is too focused on the immediate. Two little things that are still quite exciting: I got home from my sister's house (where there is a beautiful toddling homunculus that shares none of my genes but some of my name), and there was a package awaiting me from UMI Dissertation Publishing. I am now the proud owner of four bound and copyrighted copies of my thesis, in sky blue with my name on the cover and my words on every page. I've never seen anything so beautiful in my life that wasn't a person.

And just now I have been offered one of the most enjoyable acting gigs I could possibly imagine for next summer--not in terms of challenge or professional advancement, just sheer fun: doing The Complete Works of William Shakespeare, Abridged with two of my best friends. Tights and Converse All-Stars! Titus Andronicus as a cooking show! The thirty-second Hamlet! With my buddies!

I am giddy. And I am also smelly. Time to shower and start my day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home