Thursday, April 28, 2005

Big News

I've just been offered a book contract with Routledge. It doesn't seem remotely real yet, but apparently it is. They bought my proposal hook line and sinker: "There's much valuable material in this project...cogent exploration of Jonson's writings, and the complex shape of his career. A fine combination of historicist contextualization and critical reading." That's what they think. Suckers!!! Mwahahahahahahaaaaaaah.

I feel as though the celebrating that I should be doing is impossible to achieve in Nowhere, WI. What, oh what will I do?

1 Comments:

Blogger hermance said...

I'm glad your comments are working again. Congratulations on the Routledge contract. That's fantastic. Does it make the going back on the market thing seem easier to decide? I, for one, think you should go again. You really don't have anything to lose, and being appreciated by a school isn't the same as being happy there. Yeah, that's not revelatory, but it's worth remembering.

That said, I don't go on the market until the fall. Maybe after that, I will never, ever want to do it again... I hear that happens to folks.

7:30 PM, May 09, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home