Saturday, May 28, 2005

Bad goddess of the dawn! Bad!

After spending a lovely day yesterday drinking coffee and setting up M's new laptop, I find today that my own laptop is somehow infected with the most pernicious bit of spyware ever devised by man, elf, or orc: Aurora. So in the other room there are several programs working on ferreting it out of my winsock layer and forcibly restarting it over and over, while I blog on M's pristine new machine. I have serious laptop envy. I wouldn't be half surprised if mine started tapdancing and singing "Hello my baby, helo my honey, hello my ragtime gal" with a look in its electronic eye suggestive of a diseased cybermind. I fully expect it to refuse to open the pod bay doors any day now. But this gleaming bit of loveliness upon which I now type as as a gift from Zeus himself. I think it can make coffee. And the wireless is integrated, so M. won't have to spend five hours on the phone with a nice man named Aniq who will eventually come to the conclusion that whatever problems I have with my WLAN card are hardware problems.

Good lord. I am become a geek!

I mean I was always a geek, of course, but not typically this flavor of a geek. Did I just employ the phrase "winsock layer" without apparent irony? Good gracious. Run! Save yourselves!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home