Sunday, November 13, 2005

More auto woe

You're not going to believe this. They recovered M's car on Thursday, parked in an illegal spot (but which Milwaukee seems to have nothing else). It was towed, at her expense, and she picked it up Friday while I was on the way to Milwaukee to try to lend my assistance. Broken window, cracked open steering column, missing iPod shuffle, but other than that, no damage. Half a tank of gas, even. We went to buy a steering wheel club so it wouldn't get stolen again, and in the 30 minutes we had to leave it alone, it was stolen again. Twice in 27 hours. I had to try not to laugh while M freaked out, but she soon saw the absurdity herself.

Milwaukee, apparently, is a really shitty place to have a car, though one can't really get along without one because there's not very good public transit either. And of one is attempting to carry on a commuter relationship, it's pretty much a necessity. But M's had her car stolen twice, and I can't seem to find a 10-foot stretch of Milwaukee in which to park legally. I've had six parking tickets, and the latest one was apparently or parking at night on the wrong side of a street that has NO signs anywhere indicating any sort of parking codes. And no one parked in front or behind me had a ticket. Maybe a parking ticket is just my price of admission to this town.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home