Friday, January 20, 2006

S06

The semester has started again, and teaching has taken over my brain. Three class preps is a bastard of a situation, especially with an entirely new course, a book to write, and three job talks of different lengths to plan. I find myself string into the middle distance and saying "wibble" quite frequently, when my brain locks up. And today I was lecturing on the comparative two-dimensionality of the characters in Richard III and I realized that I was completely on autopilot, marvelling at how I was managing to form intelligent sentences with no conscious thought behind them.

Adding a comical touch to the start of the semester, the building in which I have my office and teach all my classes has acquired a mold problem which makes a stink and will require us to move our classes temporarily so they can fix it. Walls are expanding in odd places; doors don't shut properly. Cleaqrly something has to be done; I just hope I won't have to move the office. Just something else I don't have time to do.

Rrrrg. And Tottenham is still ahead of Arsenal in the Premiership table. What the hell is going on? The center cannot hold.

1 Comments:

Blogger Gasmeter said...

We went out of the Carling Cup last night in an amazing game.

Please get your dream job and put some good back into the world.

2:18 PM, January 25, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home