Friday, December 16, 2005

Success!

I'm having an exceedingly good job market so far. A few predictable rejections, but I'm getting enough interviews that I'm facing the pleasant problem of a full MLA dance card, and from schools that I'd be almost, though not exclusively, ecstatic to move to (listed by blog alias):

  • Pueblo State University, the decent and largely hispanic southwestern research university;
  • Holy Bostonia College, the teensy Catholic liberal arts college in suburban New England;
  • The University of Kanbrashoma, the windblown prairie state university;
  • Cowpoke State, the geographically isolated northwestern school;
  • Colonial College, the snooty and ancient (by American standards) school established by some founding father or other;
  • New Amsterdam University, the stolid Dutch-built school on the Lon-Gisland expressway;
  • Eastopia College, the Progressive and Green intellectual escape pod for eastern seaboard urbanites;
  • Slalom State University, the Rocky Mountain resort; and
  • Pipedream College, the ideal place, which is interviewing me solely because my director used to work there and browbeat them into giving me an interview.
I'm feeling humble and fortunate, but it is a really good year for Renaissance Literature jobs. Prayers, finger-crossings, and general good vibes are welcomed and encouraged.

2 Comments:

Blogger Gasmeter said...

Hope it works out best for you. I'm proud of you

12:04 AM, December 21, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have my prayers, my finger-crossings, and my general good vibes. Now kick some ass. (unless you already have . . . I'm off to read the rest of the posts that I haven't caught up with . . . )

Beeps

3:33 PM, January 05, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home