Saturday, September 02, 2006

Of all the things to blog after weeks and weeks...

The thing that pulls me out into the blogosphere again is not all the news and info about the new state (the West is very strange indeed) or the new job (magnificent) or the various adventures M and I have had recently. Nor is it the admonishment of my similarly lackadaisically-blogging friend over at GASMETER, who also recently updated and now spurs me forth with righteous indignation at my slacking.

No, it was this bit of weirdness that arrived UPS, that needs to be shared with the world. M and I got a package containing four Williams Sonoma juice glasses (not weird), a greeting from our friends in Ripon who sent them to us (not weird), and a card that read as follows (I reproduce this diplomatically):

MAY YOUR SEX LIFE BE
LUSCIOUSLY ENHANCED
WITH THIS SPECIAL CREAMER....
VALIDA & LEJLA

I would like to take this opportunity to stress that
  1. We do not know anyone named Valida or Lejla.
  2. We do not, in fact, know any Finnish lesbians. Okay, M does, but it was a long time ago and she was tipsy.
  3. The box contained NO CREAMER of any kind, special or not.
  4. Williams Sonoma does not, so far as I know, sell any creamers designed lusciously to enhance their users' sex lives. They sell things like garlic presses and spatulae.
  5. This is not the kind of joke played by these particular friends.
  6. The card was, in fact, printed by Williams Sonoma.
The only thing I can figure is Faeries.

I think that I will keep this card forever, as it will be karmically tasteless to dispose of it. I might, though, include it without explanation in a wedding present to someone else someday. The legacy of Valida and Lejla should live on.

1 Comments:

Blogger Amanda said...

Ooo-eee-ooo. Something similar happened to me once: I posted a violin, my friend received a package festooned with the very international packing slip I had completed, but it contained not a violin, but...wait for it...grapefruit.

She made her local paper due to the weirdness of the incident. The good news is that the violin turned up about 3 weeks later, without any form of explanation as to where it had been.

12:46 PM, October 24, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home